Life – we take it for granted too often. This can happen, especially when we are strongly focused on achieving a certain goal. This week, just stop for a moment and make some changes to your plan. Surprise people around you and yourself. Bring some freshness into your life, twist and experience what life has to offer.
Celebrate yourself, your body, your friends, your family, your food and nature. Be grateful and enjoy the little moments life is giving you to connect with yourself and those you love. Let go of all that you should/shouldn't do, mental perceptions of healthy and unhealthy and just do what your heart desires. Say no to people and activities that do not make you truly happy and fulfilled. I dare you to stand up for yourself. Finally, this is the only thing that will stay with you for your entire life, everything else comes and goes.
When we are joyful, everything is possible!
This week I decided to surprise my friends I have not seen in years and visited them. Taking it easy and being ready for anything, I have found myself dancing around the streets of Spain as well as getting to know an amazing singer, who by coincidence happened to be my driver. Surprisingly, I fell in love with one of her songs, which she allowed me to use in my video! Just while letting go of all expectations and control, I was given all that I desired and much more than I ever thought I could get. What a great reason to celebrate!
Tips to open your heart, twist and celebrate:
- Use your breath: Find a safe spot, where you feel comfortable and at peace. Sit up straight and close your eyes for a moment. With each breath bring loving and nurturing energy to your heart, with each exhalation let this love spread around your body and become stronger and stronger. Imagine it’s a shape, colour, or maybe you can smell a scent as it grows bigger. As soon as you feel it is powerful enough, send it out: to your family, friends, people in need, nature or anyone you wish to send your love to. Then come back to yourself and just be pure love. When you do not have time to sit, just take a moment and think of the people you are grateful for in your life. Continue breathing love in and out throughout the day as much as you can. Become the personification of love. Your reality will change – try it out and see! To feel more love or if you have any troubles, use the following scents to help open up your heart: rose, lily, jasmine or lotus.
- Feel and connect: Hold your hand on your heart or take time to listen to the heartbeat of a friend, family member or pet – really connect to someone. If this is not possible, give a hug to a stranger. Observe how you feel, observe your heart, feel your heart…How often do you normally, stop and feel your heart? Have you ever actually done it before? Hug a tree, listen to your heartbeat and try to connect to the heartbeat of the tree. Be present and remain in your heart as much as you can throughout the day. In spring when it is warmer, lay down under a cherry tree, observing its blossoms and inhaling deep with your entire heart - it will open you up indeed!
- Nurture and take care of your digestion: Amaranth, avocado, walnuts, berries, spinach and some cacao beans will strengthen your heart, making you feel healthier and happier from the inside out. Herbs and teas that will make you feel much more love and will help you connect to those around you include: rose, apple, cherry blossom, bay, cardamom, cinnamon, cumin and coriander. There is never too much love, however, here is my little tip of the week: "Try not to overdo it."
- Create: Paint your walls, dance naked, move furniture – do anything that does not feel very natural and you would not do every day. Go out and dance – on the street, under your shower, in the rain, alone or with someone, dance with your heart wide open and sing from your heart. Do not worry about anything and anyone; just feel love and everyone will start dancing with you.
- Move consciously using Asanas or Yoga postures for feeling deep love and joy: RDHVA DHANURASANA – WHEEL POSE.
This week keep in mind that the most incredible things happen when we are joyful and happy. Although we feel as if we did not do anything for it, we did much more than we dared to believe – we chose joy every day until it multiplied and became so radiant that it attracted great things. Thus, try not to think too much about what you are doing – if you have fun most of the time, this is a perfect sign that you are doing everything right! Keep on shining like a star – you are the one!